I like turning things that are meant for one thing into another. Like pie crust into the home of these meat pies, or bread sticks into these sweet rolls. It's fun and a little rebellious.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, unroll breadstick dough (do not separate). Seal perforations; brush dough with butter. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough.
Reroll, starting with a short end. Cut along seam lines.
Place rolls cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with syrup. Serve with reserved strawberry mixture. Makes 6 rolls.