Chick-fil-a is one of my favorite places to eat. I really wish there was one near me in Idaho, but sadly I have to wait until I got to Utah to eat there. I always get the original chicken sandwich and their lemonade. My favorite part of the waffle fries are the end pieces.
Great. Now I am craving it.
Well thanks to My Name is Snickerdoodle, I can make their nuggets at home.
While these nuggets don't taste exactly like Chick-fil-a's, they do taste mighty fine.
Stick some toothpicks in them and you've got some great appetizers or snacks for New Year's Eve.
Or eat them as a meal with some fries.
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 cup milk
1 1/4 cups flour
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
peanut oil (is best) or canola oil
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoons Honey
1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg and stir in the milk.
- Trim any fat away from chicken and cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Place chicken in milk mixture and cover; let it marinate for 2-4 hours in the fridge. This will make the chicken very nice and tender.
- In a gallon size resealable baggie combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper.
- Seal and shake to combine.
- Place about 2 inches of oil in a medium deep pot.
- Over medium high heat (more towards the high side) heat oil until hot. If using a thermometer let the temperature reach 375°. If you don't have a thermometer, test the oil by dropping a few drops of water into it. You want it to sizzle and not pop too much. Adjust your heat if necessary.
- Using a fork or tongs, remove cut chicken from milk mixture and place in the flour mixture.
- Seal and shake until nuggets are completely coated.
- Place about a 6-8 nuggets into hot oil and let them cook until golden brown, turning half way through once the edge of your chicken starts to turn white, about 1 minute each side. Always double check to see if any chicken you make is cooked through. Just make a tiny cut to see if it's pink.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Repeat until all nuggets are cooked.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients; mix till smooth.